How many of you find learning automation tool difficult? Alright, before you answer this, let me tell you what automation means:
|| Automation is to increase productivity, and/or quality beyond that possible with current human labour levels so as to realize economies of scale, and/or realize predictable quality levels. (Sources: Wikipedia)
And Tools means
|| Any item that can be used to achieve a goal.
There are plenty of Automation tools available on internet. You may find some of them difficult to use.
I would like to provide you some tips which may help you to learn automation tool easily. Please note that I am not going to tell you advantages and disadvantages or which automation tool you should pick up for your requirement or learning purpose.
- First thing before you download any tool, check if they have provided enough help online or help file
- Download the testing automation tool suitable to operating system
- Don’t learn tool keeping in mind that you have to design automation because you need to learn first
- You need to know the advantages and disadvantages of the tool, you also need to know whether it is suitable for your requirement or not
- As you do your first testing on any software, consider the same for automation tool
- Learn the tool with simple and broad tests
- Have some planned and dedicated test sessions
- Note down issues, bugs, observations and capabilities
- The basic test technique which you can use to know the capability of the software is the Function testing, you can try that.
- Tours like menu, variable, screen, functions or configuration would help you to learn tool.
- Compare your automation tool with another existing tool and learn the difference
When you shift your paradigm from learning the automation tool to testing then output of testing would help you to learn better and you can have your own opinion about the automation tool.
Latest posts by Savita Munde (see all)
- How to apply for Software Testing Jobs? - December 21, 2016
- Web Forms without Usability is harmful - November 28, 2016
- 9 Good Reasons To Choose Career In Software Testing - November 14, 2016