What is a test case? I think test case can be an idea which helps a tester to find the problem in the application. One of the drawbacks of writing test cases can be if testers do not understand the objective of writing test cases then it’s just the copy paste of previous test case with few modifications. If you are doing this kind of task then take a pause and reflect on your work.
Questions for Writing Awesome Test Cases
- What is the objective of writing test case?
- Do you really understand what inputs you must mention in the test case?
- Understand what technique you are using for designing the tests?
- Learn what is the quality criteria that client is looking for?
- Find out which oracles will help you to recognize the problems?
- How do you know that it has a potential to find bugs?
Another point which I think a tester needs to keep in mind is how many test cases are required to test particular functionality. I have seen testers keep repeating the test cases so that they can show the count but that is not going to help to do effective testing.
In the race of numbers aren’t we wasting our valuable resources and overwhelming the tools with unnecessary burden which would eventually add cost for maintaining those test cases.
Latest posts by Savita Munde (see all)
- How to apply for Software Testing Jobs? - December 21, 2016
- Web Forms without Usability is harmful - November 28, 2016
- 9 Good Reasons To Choose Career In Software Testing - November 14, 2016